- Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth, a few teeth, or all the teeth on one or both arches of your mouth.
- Implants are fixed in place and do not move. Therefore, there is no slipping or clicking as with dentures.
- Implant supported teeth are the closest thing possible to natural teeth. They look, feel and function just like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants allow you to eat all the foods you like, just as with natural teeth.
- Dental implants have proven to be reliable, with a 95% or higher success rate. The success of dental implants is supported by decades of clinical experience and hundreds of thousands of satisfied patients.
- With dental implants, you avoid the potential pain and embarrassment of dentures. There is no fear of slipping or falling out, no need to avoid activities, no need to restrict what or how you eat, no wire in your mouth, no plastic on the roof of your mouth. Many people with dental implants say they just live better than they did when they had dentures.
Implants address the problem of bone loss
Natural teeth preserve the jawbone. When a tooth is lost, the bone around the missing tooth begins to erode and weaken. Over time, this can result in the loss of other teeth, and the overall deterioration of your dental health.
When many or all your teeth are missing, the jawbone can experience significant atrophy, resulting in a facial features that look “sunken”. People with dentures often look older and less attractive because of this bone loss. Conventional bridges and dentures do not address the problem of loss of bone in the area where teeth are missing.
Dental implants can avoid the potential bone loss problems caused by bridges and partial dentures. Because dental implants are anchored into the jawbone and do not rely on surrounding teeth, they perform naturally and promote a healthy bone. When a missing tooth is replaced by a dental implant, the fusion (or osseointegration) of the implant and bone provides stability, just as the natural tooth did.
When missing all of your teeth, dental implants stimulate the bone, protect against atrophy, and help preserve your natural facial features.
Team Approach to treatment
At Lima Denture and Implant Solutions Clinic we work with only the finest surgeons and specialists for the implant preparation and placement process leaving the artistry and technical processes of the prosthetic restoration to the experts in our clinic.
For confidence and security in your smile, contact our denture clinic to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.